At North Mecklenburg Animal Hospital we understand that your pet has a special place in your family and that leaving your pet with someone while you travel can be a source of anxiety and uncertainty. We take pride in providing the highest quality care to each pet that stays with us and treating them as our own.
We believe that there is an advantage to boarding your pet with the doctors and staff that know him or her. We understand their individual needs especially when it comes to ensuring they are eating the proper diet, administering their medications if needed and receiving the proper amount of exercise. With multiple doctors and a highly trained staff, we also offer Medical Boarding for those pets that require specialized attention due to a medical condition while you are away. This may include medications that need to be given, medicated baths, administration of fluids, or daily insulin injections. Our doctors pay close attention to these pets to monitor their health status for you so you can enjoy your time away without worry.
Our professional and friendly staff takes great care of our boarders. We understand that every pet is unique and we will make every effort to ensure that your pet is safe, happy, and healthy during his or her stay with us. Your pet will be treated with compassion and given special individual attention during their stay.
Our Cat Condos have large windows facing outside that overlook bird feeders for some feline fun, while our spacious Dog Suites provide a comfortable cozy space for our canine friends to relax. Both dogs and cats enjoy music especially designed to keep them calm and relaxed during their stay.
Making a Reservation
We are very busy with boarding over holidays, spring break, fall break, etc… so please call in advance to ensure a reservation.
We book one cat per condo with the option for two condos to be connected for cats that prefer to vacation together. Connected condos are limited.
We can book dog suites with two dogs up to the size of a retriever comfortably. There are also adjoining suites for guests who prefer more space and on occasion would prefer to be in their own quiet space.
Requirements for Boarding
- FVRCP (the Rhino-Calici portion of this combo vaccine must be updated annually, even if the remainder of the combo vaccine has 3-year validity), Leukemia, Rabies, Bordetella
- All cats are required to be on flea prevention for their boarding stay. If your cat is not on routine flea prevention, a single dose may be purchased from our pharmacy and applied at time of boarding check in.
- DHLPP/C, Rabies, Bordetella, Negative Fecal Float, Negative Heartworm Test
- All dogs are required to be on heartworm prevention or they will be tested upon arrival for both heartworms and intestinal parasites. This is to ensure that heartworm disease as well as intestinal parasites are not passed along to the other dogs that are boarding with us.
- All dogs are required to be on flea prevention for their boarding stay. If your dog is not on routine flea prevention, a single dose may be purchased from our pharmacy at time of boarding check in.
(If new to North Mecklenburg Animal Hospital, please provide proof of vaccination and heartworm purchase from a veterinarian and fecal test results. Our helpful Patient Care Coordinators can request this from your veterinarian. Just let them know at the time of making the reservation.)
Boarding Check In and Check Out Times
When Checking In a pet please plan on reserving at least 20 minutes for this process.
Monday – Friday:
(Check In and Check Out) 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
(Check In) 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
(Check Out) 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
No Check Ins
(Check Out) 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
No Check Ins or Check Outs
Call today to reserve your Cat Condo or Dog Suite.